Awards, RBBA – Reigate and Banstead Business Awards
You, Entrant – the person or organisation submitting an entry in the awards
Attendee – refers to those booking for and attending the awards ceremony
Organiser, We, Our, Us, RBBC – refers to Reigate & Banstead Borough Council
Finalists – Entrants who are shortlisted by the Judging Panel for their category
1. Entering the awards
- Applications for the awards are to be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application form can be found and downloaded from www.rbbawards.co.uk. To begin your application, you will need to go through the step-by-step process, completing the relevant information necessary to your entry. Entries cannot be returned.
- When applying for the awards, you should follow the criteria on the requirements for each category as outlined on the online entry form within the designated word count.
- Your business must be based within the borough of Reigate & Banstead.
- With regard to any data displaying the pattern of growth of earnings as evidence of commercial success, data should be auditable and able to be confirmed by an auditor’s certificate if required. If estimates are provided, particulars of the methodology used in preparing the estimates must be given. You confirm and agree that the information contained in your application is not business sensitive, proprietary or confidential information, and no intellectual property rights attach thereto. The information you provide must be independently verifiable, at your cost.
- Entries should be submitted by 11.59pm on the entry deadline listed on the Awards website. Entries received after this time will not be entered into the awards.
- By nominating yourself, you understand and acknowledge that your attendance (or attendance by a representative) is expected at the awards ceremony, should you be short-listed as a finalist.
- Entrants are only permitted to enter into each category once, but each Entrant may enter up to three categories as they so choose, provided that the entry criteria for each category are satisfied. Please contact us if you would like to enter more. It is the Entrant’s responsibility to ensure that they satisfy all entry requirements for the relevant categories before submitting their entry.
- The Entrant will take responsibility for responding to all correspondence with the Organisers relating to this application.
- No responsibility will be taken by us for delayed, undelivered or mislaid entries, or entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault of any kind.
- Any entry which the Organisers consider in their discretion does not comply with these terms and conditions may be deemed invalid at the sole discretion of the Organiser.
- By submitting the application for RBBA, the Entrant will be deemed to have read and understood these rules and be bound by them. These rules include any instruction set out in the entry form, and the terms provided on the Awards/ Organiser’s website.
- Please note if you are sponsoring a category you may not enter that category of the awards.
2. Once your entry is submitted
- Categories will determine which judging panel your application will be sent to. A shortlist will be made in each category.
- Any entries which the Organisers or judges consider in their discretion to be incomplete entries will automatically be rejected. The Organisers reserve all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the awards.
- There will be one winner chosen in each category.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change the judging panel or process without prior notice to the Entrants.
- The judges have the right to withhold an award in any category, or shortlist fewer finalists if they feel the entries are not of sufficient merit.
- We reserve the right to combine, rename and restructure categories at any time during the entry and judging process if the number of nominations received does not allow for a fair competition.
- By submitting an application, Entrants consent to this information being made available to judges and third parties associated with the awards process.
- The judges’ decision is final and binding, no correspondence will be entered into.
3. What happens if I am shortlisted?
- Entrants will be notified of the outcome of their entry by email.
- Shortlisting will take place immediately after the entry closing date which is listed at www.rbbawards.co.uk and will take approximately 3 weeks to complete.
- Shortlisted Entrants will be listed on the awards website at www.rbbawards.co.uk.
- Entrants who have been shortlisted as finalists will receive a formal invitation to the Awards evening. The date and venue details are located at www.rbbawards.co.uk. Finalists will receive 2 complimentary tickets for the evening. A limited number of additional tickets will be available to purchase. Full details regarding the purchase of tickets will be listed on www.rbbawards.co.uk.
- Entrants shortlisted as finalists will need to arrange their own travel arrangements to the Event. These expenses will be at the Entrant’s own cost and will not be reimbursed by the Organisers. RBBC and any third parties involved in the Event will not be responsible if Entrants and their guest(s) are unable to attend the Event due to any reason, including but not limited to unforeseen circumstances or travel delays.
- If an Entrant is notified as a finalist and does not acknowledge such notification within seven days, we will be entitled to withdraw that Entrant’s right to be judged as a finalist.
- The Entrants shortlisted as finalists and successful Entrants agree to take part and assist with any promotional activities or PR supporting the Event and/or the Awards and consent to their name and photograph/short film being used for such purposes. Any objections to this should be notified to the Organisers at email@example.com. Winners will be announced at the Awards evening.
- There will be 9 Category winners, one for each of:
- Business Support Grant Award
- Micro Business of the Year
- Resilient Business of the Year
- High Street Hero Award
- Customer Service Award
- Social Impact Award
- Charity & Social Enterprise Award
- Sustainable Business of the Year
- Employer of the Year
- The Organisers reserve the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- There are no monetary prizes.
- The winners from all categories will be presented with a trophy at the Awards evening.
- Category Sponsors may offer additional benefits to the winner of their category. This is at the discretion of the sponsor and will be confirmed by the sponsor. RBBC will be under no obligation to uphold any additional benefits offered which are not specified in these terms and conditions.
- Any winner may publicise their Award provided the year in which it was won is stated. Digital assets will be provided in this regard to each category winner. Winning or entering the Awards does not confer on you any intellectual property rights in relation to the Awards or the Organisers, which remain the property of the Organisers.
4. Use of data and how we communicate with you
We take your privacy very seriously. Our Privacy Notice is located at www.rbbawards.co.uk/privacy-policy